We are at the forefront of test preparation in Brooklyn.
CAS Prep creates and delivers programs that support and strengthen the academic experience and educational attainment of 1st to 8th grade students. CAS Prep’s Test Prep Program focuses on preparing 6th and 7th grade students for the Specialized High School Admission Test (SHSAT) and our Enrichment Program focuses on elevating the educational performance of 1st through 5th graders. Our programs teach students fundamental reading and mathematical skills; provides opportunities for them to develop problem solving and presentation skills and cultivates test-taking expertise. We believe this combination equips children with the tools to excel academically and ultimately leads to life-long success.
We provide one on one tutoring, group learning sessions as well as specialized high school admissions test (SHSAT) prep services. In our Enrichment Program, a heavy emphasis is put on study of topics that are germane to the community and the world around us. Students are encouraged and expected to produce writings, essays, literature and other forms of expression to enhance and demonstrate their learning. CAS Prep is also unique in that it is the only full duration SHSAT Prep program that exists within the Bedford-Stuyvesant community.
- CAS Prep believes that every child should be afforded access to a quality educational experience which includes tutoring, test prep, and educational enrichment.
- CAS Prep believes that these services should be offered at an affordable rate to all children in an accessible and safe space.
- CAS Prep believes in providing a learning environment that is unique but conducive to learning. The teaching model utilized allows students to work in teams, hold each other accountable and participate in the teaching/learning process.
- CAS Prep believes in our participants being encouraged to express their views and thought process even when their answer is incorrect. They are taught to be critical thinkers and apply their knowledge to solving social as well as academic problems.
- CAS Prep believes in servicing the "whole" child by taking into consideration their environmental stressors that may interfere with learning. Social, emotional and behavioral needs are met so that students can fully engage in coursework, be successful on assessments and mature and develop as lifelong learners.